Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Introducing Adlee Ann Hicks

I know...a little frightening here, but I still think she is the sweetest thing I have ever seen!

Dr. Johnson checking her out.  Best doctor ever!!

Daddy gets to hold her for the first time.

Grandpa Hyland and his first grandaughter.

Uncle Paul and Aunt Carey came to see her!

Uncle Steve

Kasey, Justin, and little Bentley!

Daddy giving Adlee her first bottle.

Uncle Derrek.  He could not believe how little she was!

Uncle Rob

Danny's godparents Betty and Mel came up to meet little Adlee.

Dan's Grandpa Les

We thought we would try to get a family picture in!

Loving every moment with this little girl.

Grandma and Grandpa Hyland
Well....she is finally here!  She made her debut quite easy on her Mama!  After having a few days of mild cramps, on Monday night I took a bath and went to bed.  About 9:45pm that night the cramping became a little more severe.  After seeing the doctor that day, she said if there was any difference in my pain to go in right away.  We made it to Sanford at about 10:20pm and were finally admitted by 11:00pm.  By this time the contractions were getting pretty severe and were about 4 minutes apart.  I asked for the epidural right away!  I'm glad I didn't have my mind set on having a natural birth.  It would have never worked :)  At about 12:30am the epidural was finally given to me.  At this point the contractions were about 1-2 minutes apart and it was getting pretty tough to recover after each one.  I give credit to anybody who has a child.  It really is a pain like no other.  The nurse said she would wait to check how far I was dialated until after the epidural (a lucky thing).  After it kicked in, the nurse said I was dialated to 10cm already!  Our doctor was called and I began pushing at about 1:25am.  Little Adlee Ann arrived at 1:39am.  Everything happened so FAST!  Dan and I could not believe that our little girl was finally here.  We never expected that she would come three weeks early.  We never expected that labor would go so smoothly.  We never expected we would feel as prepared as we did.....and we NEVER expected the love that we felt when we first saw her.  It was amazing and we now know why parents can say it is a feeling that you can not describe.  Since Adlee's debut we have been busy with lots of visitors.  Here are a few pictures from her first five days of life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment