Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 19, 2011

First Doctor's Appointment

We made it to our first doctor's appointment today!  We were so happy to here that she was doing much better and had gained weight!  We were nervous because her bilirubon score was somewhat high on Friday, and she had lost four more ounces since we left the hospital, weighing in at 5 lbs 9 oz.  We were told to feed her every two hours, and I needed to pump after each feeding and give her any excess milk that I had.  This made me a very, very tired Mama.  It seemed to have worked though.  Her bilirubon score was down, she had gained 6 oz, and her coloring was much better.  Wow, what a relief to know she is doing okay!  The worry I had over the weekend was starting to make me a little afraid of all this fear I will probably be feeling the rest of my life.  So glad this little pumpkin is doing better.  We have another doctor's appointment on Friday and our goal is to get her to her birth weight of 6 lbs 3 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment