Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Rest in Peace Grandpa Kenny


Grandpa Kenny is no longer with us.
I guess not a whole lot comes to me in words right now.  I am sad, heartbroken really - but remembering his amazing life and knowing he is in a better place gives me some peace.
Man - this guy new how to argue.  When it came to politics and sports he could create an argument when there was never one to begin with.  Somehow at the end of it all.....I always ended up on his side anyway.  It never mattered what side I really started on ;)
I remember riding on the lawnmower with him when I was little - him singing in my ear as the rider went up and down the lawn.  I remember him telling me how beautiful I looked when I was a little girl and I played dress up with my grandma's old dresses and jewelry.  Most of all, I remember the way he lit up when our sweet little Adlee was around.  He always told me, "Lord Kiley, you (all the grandchildren) were so cute.....but I think she has beat you all out!"
I am happy he is no longer in pain (he was suffering from emphysema badly and had a difficult time breathing) and is with our Lord.  He is probably arguing with him now....
Rest in Peace grandpa.  We will miss you more that words.






1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of the loss of your grandpa. Love the pictures, what wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete